HR Interview Questions with Answers

NOTE:- Try to know about yourself. HR questions are all about your-self. Be honest and prepare your answer. For hint, some sample answers are given. Be always ready with examples for the cross questions asked from your own answers.

1. Tell me about yourself.

Tips:- This is the most important and famous question. You should start with an easy, clear and confident tone and answer in a proper manner. It should not be scripted. Express your most important accomplishments first. Add your family details only when they asked.
Sample Answer-1
I am XYZ (your name) from Kolkata. I am pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science & Engineering from ABC College, Kolkata. I have done my schooling from PQR School, Patna.
I am good in programming languages C, C++, and Java and very much interested in HTML, CSS and SQL. 
My strength is self confidence, positive attitude, and hard work.
My weaknesses are: Yes I need to improve my communication skills and in terms of English language. Currently I'm working in that area also to improve.
My short term goal is to get a job in well reputed organisation. My long term goal is be in a respectable position in the same organisation.
My hobbies are reading & writing poetry, internet browsing and playing cricket.
That's all about me.

2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Tips: - Be ready with your real life example or to explain how for cross questions.
Sample Answers
Strengths:
(1) My strengths are self confidence, positive attitude, and hard work.
(2) My strengths are adaptable nature, self motivated and cooperative nature.
(3) My strength lies in hard work, responsible and dedicated towards work and self disciplined as well.
(4) My greatest strength is my ability to focus on my work. I'm not easily distracted, and this means that my performance is very high.

Weaknesses:
(1) Yes I need to improve my communication skills and in terms of English language. Currently I'm working in that area also to improve.
(2) My weakness is quickly trust people and I have no work experience. But I am improving my knowledge as well as myself.
(3) My weakness is I am highly sensitive.  But nowadays I'm sincerely taking steps to correct this.

3. What are your goals? Or what are your short term & long term goals? Or what is your objective of life?

Sample Answer-1
I always want to become a part of reputed organisation like yours where I could improve my knowledge and skills and also I could contribute to the growth of organisation.
Sample Answer-2
My short term goal is to get a job in well reputed organisation. My long term goal is be in a respectable position in the same organisation.
Sample Answer-3
My goal is to become a successful person and make my family proud of me.

4. What are your hobbies?

Sample Answer
My hobbies are reading & writing poetry, internet browsing and playing cricket.
5. Describe yourself in one world?
Tips:-Choose a positive word honestly which best describes you. You must be able to describe that word. Also prepare an example.
Some positive words are: self-motivated, optimistic, flexible, dynamic, genuine, logical, incredible, focused, curious, active, quick, balanced, achiever, creative etc. 

6. Why do you want to work at our company?

Sample Answer-1
Your company delivers excellence and efficiency in every field and it provides best career opportunity for fresher and ensures my career growth with the companies so I want to start my career with your company.
Sample Answer-2
I wanted to be a part of working in a reputed organizations or company like yours where I can grow myself with the organization personally and professionally by sharing new ideas.

7. What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?

Sample Answers
Yes, I can do this work is self confidence. But only I can do this work is over confidence.
Confidence is an internal believes that I am a right person for this job and overconfidence is thought that I am only the right person for this job.
Confidence is when you are sure. And overconfidence is when you pretend to be sure.

8. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?

Sample Answers

Smart work and hard work are related to each other. Smart work comes from the hard work. Hard work increases our accuracy and smart work increases accuracy as well as efficiency.
Smart work gives us way but by doing hard work we have to walk on that way.
Achieving a target without making a plan is hard work, and to achieve that target by making a plan is smart work, it will take less time.
Hard work completes the work without any ideas. Smart work finished the work easily and smoothly with experience use of ideas.

9. Why should I hire you? 

Sample Answer
I am passionate about working in your organization. With my knowledge and skills I can help achieve aims, objectives and goals of the organization while building my career. I am versatile and resourceful which can enable me to work in any department at any time. 
As a fresher I need a platform to prove my ability. If I will be a part of your company I'll put my effort and strength to uplift your company.
First I am a fresher, I have no experience. If you will hire me then it will be great platform to prove myself, I can enhance my knowledge, skills. I can be big part of your company growth.

10. What would you do if you are not selected for this job?

Sample Answer
If I am not selected then obviously I will be little bit disappointed because It is my dream job. But it would not be the end of the path on which I am travelling. I will try to find my mistakes and I will try my best to rectify those mistakes. And the next time I will surely get selected.

11. How do you feel about working overtime or odd hours or night shifts or weekends?

Sample Answers
If the workload of the company would be more, then being the part of the company it’s also my responsibility to complete the work within the time limit. So, as a sincere and responsible member of the company I am always ready to work overtime or odd hours.
I consider organisation and its members as my family, and if my family needs me I am always there. So,  If work pressure is more, then I am always ready to work  whether it's a working night or weekend.

12. Can you work under pressure?

Sample Answer
Sir, it depends on situation. Sometimes pressure work as a positive energy to complete the work quickly within the time limit. For that we use most of our smart ideas and skills. So, if required I am always ready to work under pressure.

13. Are you willing to relocate or travel?

Sample Answer
I have no problem in relocating or travelling. I am always ready to relocate if needed by the company. Relocating as well as travelling will add new experiences to my life as well as my work. It will grow my working motives, as by meeting new people and working in a new environment, I can learn experience and adopt smart ideas.

14. What motivates you to do good job?

Sample Answer
Sir, I am an optimistic person. Success and Failure both motivates me. If I do better and get success, I try to do best for the next stage. If I fail then I try to find & rectify my mistakes as soon as possible and look forward with new energy and experience.

15. What makes you angry?

Sample Answer
Getting angry is a natural human tendency. When the work is not going in right way and something went wrong, then it makes me angry. But I always try to overcome my anger as soon as possible and work in positive direction to correct whatever wrong happened. 

16. Give me an example of your creativity.

Note: - It depends on you. If you have done anything creative, then mention that.